Welcome to the Gastric Cancer Fund Blog!

This blog will be used to share insights as we grow our organization, build the first gastric cancer registry and help fund research to help with detection, prevention and treatment of gastric cancer. Visit this page often for news, information and opportunities to fight gastric cancer. And...tell your friends!

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to the Gastric Cancer Fund blog. My hope is that this blog will serve as a dynamic way for our organization to communicate with the gastric cancer community. I want to share our progress in the pursuit of our mission to improve the lives of those affected by gastric cancer and working with leading researchers to find a cure. Also, I hope to keep you up to speed on news, research breakthroughs, survivorship tips, upcoming events, ways to get involved and much more.

After just a few months of existence, one thing is clear to me, there is a significant need for an organization like ours. The numbers don’t lie. In only five months, we’re already received over 90,000 hits on our website from over 77 countries around the world. And even more compelling are the personal interactions I’ve had with survivors, caregivers and those who have lost loved ones to this terrible disease. Almost on a daily basis, I get a message from someone thanking us for starting this organization. Just knowing there are others with the same fear, anxiety, hope and determination is comforting and inspiring.

The battle ahead of us is huge. As I mentioned in our newsletter, the American Cancer Society revealed that gastric cancer receives the least federal funding of any type of cancer. For every cancer-related death, only $1,168 federal research dollars are spent on gastric cancer, versus $18,870 for cervical cancer and $14,095 for breast cancer. What this tells me is that (at least in the short term) we need to take matters into our own hands. And we’re already begun to do that.

In addition to launching our website and forming multiple forums to connect people, we’re raised enough funds to begin building the registry. Also, our technical and scientific volunteer teams are well on their way to architecting our genomic sequencing system. These two actions coming together will allow us to being analyzing gastric cancer cells and provide researchers with demographic, tumor and blood data to study the disease in far greater detail.

Like this blog, we are only at the beginning of a very long journey. I intent to make it a successful one for all of us, so please stay tuned and connected. And please engage by sharing your comments, suggestions and recommendations. We’re all in this together so we want to hear from you.

Be well,

JP

PS - In addition to this blog, from more interactive information, please be sure to visit our Facebook Fan page and LinkedIn group.

2 comments:

  1. stomach cancer is a disease more difficult to tackle because the symptoms of this disease but I am very painful but there are medications that may be satisfactory to subtract against the symptoms of the disease for example I take vicodin and norco which are drugs very good in these cases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I became a happy woman again
    With tears of joy and happiness i am giving out my testimony to all viewers on line, my problem with Stomach Cancer stage IB has caused me many pains and sadness especially in my family.
    I was so afraid of loosing my life, I suffered the embarrassment of visiting
    therapy hundreds of times, unfortunately they did not find a definitive solution to my problem, I cried all day and night, do I have to live my life this way? I searched all true the internet for care, I was scammed by internet fraudsters times without numbers… until a friend of mine who stays in the UK introduced me to a friend of hers who was cured of the same disease, and she introduced me to Dr Itua who cured her from Breast Cancer by this email/WhatsApp +2348149277967, drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. I contacted him and he promised that all will be fine and I had faith.He send me his herbnal medicines through Courier servcie and i was instructed on how to drink it for three weeks to cure,I followed the instruction given to me and Today am a happy woman again. He cures all kind of diseases like__Brain cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Ovarian cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma,Herpes,,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis.
    Intestinal cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicityBladder cancer,Hiv,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
    Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Leukemia.

    ReplyDelete